Model 1250 Brushless Slip Ring
Conductors: One Conductor
Mercotac® model 1250 brushless slip rings are ideal for high current applications such as on electroplating electrodes and welding cable reels. We offer multiple 1250 model configurations as listed in the product specifications table and data sheet
- Durable, compact, and low cost
- Use for signal and/or power connections
- Easy to install and replace
- IP 51 protection rating with boot kit
- Lightweight and made of robust metal construction
- Long-lasting with no maintenance required
- Made in the USA
Model 1250 Product Specifications
- Available in metric thread (1250-M / 1250-MS / 1250-MSX).
- Available with stainless steel ball bearing (1250-SS / 1250-MS) (recommended for wet or corrosive environments).
- Available with stainless steel body and bearing (1250-SX / 1250-MSX) (recommended for wet or corrosive environments).
- Dust/Splash Boot Kit available.
- The body of the 1250 series Mercotac™ unit is electrically "hot" to the internal conductor
- A stainless steel Bearing Type and/or stainless steel Body Material is recommended for wet or corrosive environments
- "L" designator indicates low torque (may only be operated vertically)
Mounting Nut Configurations
Mercotac Model 1250 is typically mounted by the threaded stud on either end or by the black body using a set screw. When mounting horizontally, mount the Mercotac so the body of the connector rotates.
Horizonal Mount with Conductive Shaft
Note: Low Torque models may only be operated vertically
Top Body Mount to Bushing
Note: The housing of the 1250 series Mercotac is electrically "hot" to the internal conductor.
- The up arrow should not point below horizontal.
- Do not solder to or bend terminals.
- Avoid lateral forces and mechanical loads (overly stiff or tight wires).
- Do not rigid mount both ends of the Mercotac.
- Limit the mounting eccentricity (runout / wobble) to .005" (.13mm).
- Provide overload protection within the circuit.
- Avoid vibration and bumping motions.
Without Boot Kit
With Boot Kit
The Mercotac Model 1250 is a brushless slip ring designed for high current applications that require rotation, such as electroplating electrodes and welding cable reels. Its unique design uses high-quality, low-resistance materials to ensure a stable and reliable electrical connection that can handle high currents without overheating or damage. The Mercotac Model 1250 is ideal for these high current applications, as it provides a continuous supply of power, resulting in high-quality plating and strong welds. The connectors are easy to install and maintain, making them a cost-effective solution.
Check out our Applications page for more examples of how Mercotac products are utilized.
Guidance for using Mercotac® Brushless Slip Rings in engineering designs.
Learn about our Mercotac® Construction & Materials: Body
Materials, Bearing Types, Conductors/Terminals, Thread Sizes, Mounting Options.
Learn about Mercotac® Electrical Characteristics: Voltage
Rating, Current Rating, Contact Resistance, Circuit Separation, Operating Temperature, Frequency.
Learn about Mercotac® Rotational Characteristics: Rotational
Speed, Rotational Torque.