Model 430 Brushless Slip Ring
Conductors: Four Conductor
Amps: 2@4A and 2@30A
The Mercotac® model 430 is ideal for heated roller applications that need both a connection to sensitive thermocouple signals and for powering the heating elements. It's also a great choice for compact, low-cost, and reliable slip rings that can handle both signal and power connections in robotics, medical equipment, or packaging machinery.
- Durable, compact, and low cost
- Use for signal and/or power connections
- Easy to install and replace
- IP 51 protection rating with boot kit
- Lightweight with robust metal construction
- Long-lasting, energy efficient, and no maintenance
- Made in the USA
Model 430 Product Specifications
- Disconnects are included.
- 55252 Large Straight Disconnect (Qty. 4)
- 55250 Large Straight Disconnect (Qty. 2)
- 55251 Large Flag Disconnect (Qty. 2)
- • Available with stainless steel ball bearing (430-SS) (recommended for wet or corrosive environments).
- Dust/Splash Boot Kit available.
"SS" designator indicates stainless steel ball bearing (recommended for wet or corrosive environments)
Model 430 is typically mounted by either the black body or the white plastic bushing on either end using a set screw or split clamp. When used horizontally, mount the Mercotac so the body of the connector rotates.
Vibration Isolation Mount to Body
With flexible bellows.
Vibration Isolating Mount to Body
With floating drive coupling.
- The up arrow should not point below horizontal.
- Do not solder to or bend terminals.
- Avoid lateral forces and mechanical loads (overly stiff or tight wires).
- Do not rigid mount both ends of the Mercotac.
- Limit the mounting eccentricity (runout / wobble) to .005" (.13mm).
- Provide overload protection within the circuit.
- Avoid vibration and bumping motions.
Model 430 Wire Connections with Optional Boot Kit
Model 430 Wire Connections with Optional Quick Connect Plug
Stationary end. Plug body inside rubber boot.
Rotating end. Plug body fits inside rotating shaft.
- Quick and easy 430 installation
- Eases terminal orientation and correct wiring
- Pulling on wires won’t loosen plug connection
- Safely releases by pulling on plug body
- Eliminates risk of electrical shock
- Fits Models 430 and 430-SS
- Rated at 250 V AC/DC up to 20 Amps
- Includes Plugs for both ends of a model 430
- Includes protective vinyl elbow boot for stationary end
- Available assembled with wires (Plug Assembly # 50431) or as a kit without wires (Plug Kit # 50430)
- Crimp Tool for attachment of Kit 50430 to your wires (14 Awg and 18 Awg) Order Part # 5030-T
The low-cost and compact Mercotac Model 430 slip ring is a versatile solution that can be used in various industries, including packaging, medical equipment, and robotics. In the packaging industry, it can ensure consistent and high-quality sealing of plastic bags and food containers because it allows connections for both the sensitive thermocouple signals and power to the heating elements. Additionally, the slip ring's multiple contacts are ideal for robotics applications where both sensors and actuators need connections. Its reliable performance, ease of installation, and cost-effectiveness make the Model 430 an excellent choice for slip ring applications that require both power and signal connections.
Check out our Applications page for more examples of how Mercotac products are utilized.
Guidance for using Mercotac® Brushless Slip Rings in engineering designs.
Learn about our Mercotac® Construction & Materials: Body
Materials, Bearing Types, Conductors/Terminals, Thread Sizes, Mounting Options.
Learn about Mercotac® Electrical Characteristics: Voltage
Rating, Current Rating, Contact Resistance, Circuit Separation, Operating Temperature, Frequency.
Learn about Mercotac® Rotational Characteristics: Rotational
Speed, Rotational Torque.